I’ve taken part in this awesome community a few times now. It’s called Holiday Wishes and it’s a place to post a wish list of various things and random people take the time to make you smile. The rules are below, followed by my own wish list. If you have one please leave a comment with it so I can see if I can make your wishes come true!
- Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered… whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV”). The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) can get in touch with you. Your home address is not required!
- Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here’s the important part…
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes one person’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use – or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free – do it.
- You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf – to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not – it’s your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just… wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. You’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
2015 has been full of ups and downs and has now left me with glandular fever as a fun end of year present. So yes, I am feeling sorry for myself 😀 This wish list is a mixture of things and honestly, anything would be appreciated. I’m just looking for things to make me smile while I grit my teeth and work through the lovely fun pain and fatigue.
1. Make me something! 🙂 Graphics wise I’d love new icons or wallpapers (Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Doctor Who, Supernatural and animals would be top of the list), or if you’re so inclined new buttons or layouts for my poor neglected websites. Or if you’re a writer I’d love someone to make a story surrounding my main World of Warcraft character. And artists, again I’d love some art of my main World of Warcraft character Kaelea (I love pixel art, I’m not a huge fan of anime but I do like chibi’s). Anything made will be credited and plugged the hell out of, I appreciate creative genius a lot.
2. Send me something – Cards, letters, postcards or items such as keyrings, nail varnishes and magnets which I collect. Anything would be great.
3. Books – Ebooks, second hand books, any that are listed on my to read list here. Suggestions for free ebooks or sites that track them are also appreciated. While I normally love book suggestions I am going to ask not to recieve them – as you can see my to read list is massive and I really don’t need help making it even longer 😛
4. Anything from my amazon wish list – the list can be found here.
5. Library stuff – I’m a library and information studies student and I’d love to hear about anything library related from your area. This helps me learn more and expand my knowledge of librarymanship.
6. Followers! I like meeting new people and in the new year I hope to be more active blogging (follow me on bloglovin?) and on social networks/sites such as deviant art. Sadly due to health and uni work I can’t always promise to update my LJ or comment regularly, but you’re welcome to add me here too.I also launched my professional/public twitter and would love to meet new people, especially anyone working/with an interest in library studies or fellow spoonies/invisible illness sufferers. Or just geeks in general 😀
7. Show me your pets! I love animals and photos of animals, especially ridiculously cute ones always put a smile on my face.
8. Speaking of pets…. I am an avid pet collector in World of Warcraft. On the off chance you play in the EU realms and have some pets spare that I need, I’d love to give them a new home 🙂
9. Do you have a website or a blog? Join my websites – I run two website cliques (Fighting Everyday and Bookworms) and several website listings – Star Wars sites, Any Sites, Video Game sites, Supernatural & Fantasy sites.
10. And finally; if you know someone who suffers from an illness or a disability, mental or physical, take the time to send them a message or ask how they are doing. Maybe they won’t want to talk, but just knowing that someone cares enough to think to ask/check can make a world of difference.