For several years now I’ve taken part in the livejournal community Holiday Wishes. To sum it up quickly; it’s a place where you post your wishes, and others post theirs and you help each other out by doing what you can. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to reply, to comment, or send you a sweet card to make someone’s December a little bit easier. It can be a very stressful month in many ways and 2016 has been an awful year in many respects.
So hop on over to Holiday Wishes to read the rules and check out other people’s lists and make someone’s day just a little bit brighter!
- Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered… whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV”). The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) can get in touch with you. Your home address is not required!
- Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here’s the important part…
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes one person’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use – or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free – do it.
- You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf – to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not – it’s your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just… wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. You’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
1 – Check out my blog, leave me some comments and maybe volunteer for an interview? 😉 This year I’ve been upping my blogging game, adding new features and generally giving it a big reboot. So I’d love for you to check it out and leave some comments <3 I also have a monthly interview feature which I need volunteers for; you can find out more about that on my blog under ‘interviews’ in the main menu 🙂
3 – Icons – I use icons over on my blog and would love some new ones. Credit will be given at the end of each post when I use one of your icons. What I would like; TV shows (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, DC Shows [especially some cute Barry ones!], Supernatural, Rizzoli & Isles), Animals (I love any animals so surprise me!), Christmas/Winter, Seasons & holidays (some for each season as well as holidays – I’m in the UK), Nature, Video Games (World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Dragon Age series), Star Wars (especially The Force Awakens, I’ve had no time to make them), and geeky/library/book ones.
4 – Send me something! – I love receiving things and collect post cards, key rings and magnets. I’d love to receive a care package or a little goodies as I’ve never received one before. I like candles, geeky stuff, and cats. I have no allergies, but I’m currently on a strict diet so no food items please (as much as it grieves me to say :P). I do feel that I need to be upfront and say I can’t send anything in return 🙁 Instead I will return my love by finding something on your list I can do for you! Please contact me for my address.
5 – Art – I am loathe to expect anyone to do art for me for free, which is why I want to emphasise that this would be a truly magical and much loved gift. I know how hard artists work, and so this is a shout out to anyone who feels inspired or would like the practise. I’d love some sketches, cartoon or chibi style of me (for my blog) or my World of Warcraft character Kaelea.
6 – Second hand books – I really shouldn’t add to my already long reading list, but I can’t help myself 😛 If you’re in the UK and happen to have any old books lying around that you don’t want please check out my Goodreads to read list (I’ll accept digital copies as well in any format). Or if you use bookmooch and have some spare points, that would be great too!
7 – Youtube Subs – I took a massive step this year and started a youtube channel. Health has prevented me from updating it in a while, however, I still have everything recorded and waiting to edit so it will be revived (soon hopefully!). Any subscribers or views would be great, comments if you’re a WoW player would be fantastic too.
8 – Unused make-up or beauty products/samples – I have slowly been growing my collection of make up and beauty products so that I can start posting reviews and tutorials on my blogs. So if you have anything lying around that you don’t want/use, like free samples you’ve picked up or gotten from magazines, I’d love them! Due to hygiene reasons I can only accept sealed items, with the exception of nail polish.
9 – Amazon Wish List – Anything on my wish list would be absolutely amazing <3
Do you take part in Holiday Wishes too? Post your list in the comments so I can check it out! <3