The Birthstone series will be exploring the world of birth stones and creating a pinterest mood board filled with style ideas related to that month’s birthstone and related colours. There will be women’s fashion, jewellery, make up, accessories, colour palettes and some home decor items thrown in too. This series will be posted on the third Saturday of every month.
Two birthstone posts in a row, but don’t worry Sharing Saturday will be back to normal next week and I’ll be looking at the gorgeous Sapphire for September’s birthstone in three weeks time.
Peridot was a tricky one to style, mainly because it’s quite a bright shade and I have to admit it’s not one I’m naturally attracted to. I love the gemstone and jewellery, however, it was the fashion items, dresses and make up that proved hardest to find. Some companies and retailers seem to be quite fond of the colour for women’s fashion, while others tend to lean towards khaki and olive. Unlike Emerald, Peridot is a much lighter and yellow hue shade of green. It’s spring greens, lime, chartruese and then the more mellow shades of olive and khaki. My tip for styling it, if you’re like me and not too keen on going for full on lime green, is to add it in little ways. A spot of make up here, some beautiful peridot jewellery to spice up an outfit or even just a flash of colour for your shoes or bag. It’s also a colour that goes really well with yellow, darker blues and purple which you can see in the colour palettes below.
- Peridot Butterfly Pendant Necklace from QP Jewellers.
- Raw Peridot And Pyrite Bracelet from Not on the High Street.
- Clogau Sterling Silver & 9ct Rose Gold Peridot Awelon Ring from H.Samuel.
- Peridot Copper Bangle by DesignedByAnnemarie.
- Peridot Leaf Drop Earrings by AnvilandThorn.
- Nina B Sterling Silver Heart Stud Earrings from John Lewis.
Peridot is a stone that ranges in price so it’s not always necessary to look for a dupe, however, it can also sometimes be one that is hard to find. There’s a lot of suitable dupes out there using coloured glass, crystals, and beads that still have that vibrant shade you’re looking for!
- Sterling silver green cubic zirconia ‘kiss’ pendant from Debenhams.
- Lime Green Earrings by annakingjewellery.
- Green Stained Glass Cuff by AimeezArtz.
- Lemon Beaded Hoop Earrings from Accessorize.
- Khaki Cord Multirow Necklace from Dorothy Perkins.
- Green & Gold Tone Clover Drop Earrings from TK Maxx.
- Spring Flora Colour Palette, view it here on Pinterest.
- Yellow Rose Colour Palette, view it here on Pinterest.
- Sweet Tangerine Colour Palette, view it here on Pinterest.
- Sun Through Leaves Colour Palette, view it here on Pinterest.
- Lime Colour Palette, view it here on Pinterest.
- Green Peas Colour Palette, view it here on Pinterest.
- Charter School Cardigan in Chartreuse from Modcloth.
- Torrid Jeggings – Neon Citron Green Wash from Torrid.
- Live Unlimited – Lime Floral Print Kaftan from Debenhams.
- Maine New England – Lime linen blend blazer from Debenhams.
- Lime Green High Neck Shirred Top from New Look.
- Lime Stripe Denim Shorts from Jane Norman.
- Green Premium Strappy Lace Dress from New Look.
- Tall Plunge Front Maxi Dress from ASOS.
- Coast Jamie Printed Dress from House of Fraser.
- ISSA Mila Embellished Dress from House of Fraser.
- Wallis – Mint floral orchid shift dress from Debenhams.
- Craghoppers – Soft khaki Nosilife symone shirt dress from Debenhams.
- Lotus – Lime suede ‘Briony’ wedge sandals from Debenhams.
- L.K. Bennett Coralie Flower Ruffle Sandals in Lime from John Lewis.
- Lime Green Suedette Trainers from New Look.
- Wedge Heel Sandals from H&M.
- Block Heel Ankle Strap Court Shoes from Marks & Spencer.
- Hunter Original Short Boots from Sole Trader.
- August Birthstone Pouch from Achica.
- Elegant Peridot Watch with Vintage Face by ArdentLife.
- Green Colour Block Saddle Bag from New Look.
- The Nellie Belt – Turquoise, Lime and Orange Buckle with Brown Leather Belt by AWCdesigns.
- Lemon Lime Gemstone French Barrettes by ReynaRed.
- Olive Green Paisley Bandana Knotted Jersey Headwrap from Claires.
- Zoya nail polish in Tangy from Holland & Barrett.
- Rimmel Rita Ora 60 Seconds Super Shine in Partner In Lime from Superdrug.
- BeachClub Summer Collection Neon Yellow/Lime Crelly by MsSparkleBoutique.
- Bright eyes – Lime-gold Holographic glitter polish by DarkMetalLacquer.
- Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish in Where’s My Oscar from Europa Cosmetica.
- Ciate Nail Polish in Mojito from Europa Cosmetica.
- LOréal Paris Infallible Eye Paint in Keep On Khaki from Look Fantastic.
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick Chrome Summer in Venus Flytrap from Look Fantastic.
- MANIA Sparkle Eyeshadow by FabledFragrances.
- Green Cream Matte Liquid Lipstick Non Transferable Water Proof -Key Lime by michelerenaecosmetic.
- W7 Cosmetics Angel Eyes Eye Shadow Palette – Out On The Town from Scentsational.
- Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner in Lust by Urban Decay.
- August Peridot magnetic bookmark by 1107Studio.
- August Birthstone Print by HarknettPrints.
- August birthstone dragon with peridot gem by HowManyDragons.
- Ryman Soft Cover Notebook Medium from Ryman.
- Filofax Personal from Ryman.
- Personal Banker Organiser from Modcloth.
What do you think; has this style guide swayed your thoughts on lime green and peridot? Or were you already a fan?
I hope you’ve found something you like in this post, and if not there’s plenty more on the pinterest board! I’ll be adding a few more things to the board from time to time so don’t forget to follow it. If you have something you think I should add, especially if it’s something you’ve created let me know!