When I saw blogger awards and nominations going around I honestly didn’t expect to get nominated for an award, and that was ok; my blog has been slow and I’ve been building things back up due to my health. So not only was I shocked to get nominated once, but then a second time! Thank you so much Megan and Pepi! It really helped perk me up to know people were thinking of me and that they recognised me and my blog for inspiring positivity. While my life isn’t always a bundle of joy, I do try to use this blog to help people by talking about my life and issues I come across.
Since I’ve been nominated twice I’m going to answer both sets of questions!
About the Award
The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, joy, warmth and any other emotions that you feel when you think about the sun.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 10 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from Megan
- What game are you currently playing?
I’m playing a few different ones actually. I always have at least one MMO on the go and right now that’s World of Warcraft. Alongside that I’m playing Divinity 2: Original Sin with my fiance Chris, and then on my own I’m jumping around a few other games as part of a mini-blog project.
- What game you’re most looking forward to?
Naturally, the next WoW expansion Battle for Azeroth comes to mind first. I don’t tend to keep up with many new games due to funds, time and a massive to play list, however, I’ve been looking forward to Final Fantasy XV on the PC. It’s a game series I’ve never played, but been aware of for years and after seeing the movie Kingsglaive I’ve been dying to know what happens next!
- What is you favorite game of last year?
Divinity 2: Original Sin – while the combat is so slow (it’s turn based) and drives me a bit nuts, the rest of the game is amazing. It is so funny, yet there’s also the drama, suspense and danger too. We’re only on Act 2 and I’m loving it. I mean, a game that gives you the ability to fricking talk to animals and get quests from them?! Hell yes!
- What would you change about your favorite franchise?
Off the top of my head I can’t think of what I would change in World of Warcraft, but I do know that there’s been a blog post rummaging around in my head for a while which is me basically putting together my ideal MMORPG using parts from all the ones I play. The fact that I always go back to WoW means that it’s more a case of tweaking than actually changing things, because otherwise I wouldn’t be back to it every time. The only major issue I have is the players themselves; toxic men being anti-female gamers, people camping quests instead of helping, or signing up as the wrong spec just to jump a queue.
- What game has influenced you creatively? Writing, drawing, etc.
World of Warcraft without a doubt. The lore is just amazing, and I love that they keep adapting things every expansion. I know a lot of people are QQing about changes, but they forget that lore is in the hands of the creators and it needs to change every now and then so the game can grow and not become stagnant. I think the latest complaint was Kul Tiran, i.e. human, druids. I’ve also met the CEO, Mike Morhaim, and he is as down to earth and as geeky as he seems; this is a company he and his friends built up from scratch from their love of gaming and their enthusiasm is still there. That in itself is a massive influence to me as a writer and content creator.
- What games do you have multiple copies of?
Star Wars games such as Knights of the Old Republic I and II because I lost one of the discs and for many years couldn’t play it, and then Steam did a massive Star Wars Bundle in a sale and I got them all again. We also have multiple copies of the older WoW expansions before downloads became available since we have 2 accounts and at one time a third account between us.
- How do you usually spend a lazy evening?
I am someone who is always on the go, I cannot sit still unless I’m doing something to engage my mind. So a lazy evening to me is curled up watching a movie with my fiance Chris, or reading comics or a book.
- How many countries have you been to?
Ooh… I actually had to go count this 😀 Thankfully I started tracking this on a pinterest board a while back so it was a bit easier!
15 = England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Tunisia, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Italy, Hungary, Monaco, Vatican City (it’s actually it’s own country).
- What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
She-Ra! I still love that show and have read the recent comics. Generally most 80s cartoons are among my favourites.
- What was the very first game you ever beat?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
Questions from Pepi
- Which of these houses do you belong to and why? Slotherin, Ravenpaw, Hufflepug, or Gryffinboar.
Ravenpaw! I love books, and it generally just fits my entire personality. I was originally a Slotherin but a few years later I resigned up to Pottermore and got sorted into Ravenpaw.
- What do you think you would find on the Snapechat?
Stuff I’m not interested in? I don’t usually feel old but Snapchat makes me feel like I’ve missed a generation. I just don’t get it at all.
- What pop singer do you prefer Cat Cobain, David Meowie, or Purrince? Why?
I’m actually not really a fan of any of them. I know, it’s terrible. There’s probably a few of their songs that I know and that’s about it.
- What character plays Harrison Bored in Star Mars?
I have no idea how I’m supposed to answer this.. Han Solo?
- Who is your favorite Star Meow character? Catmander William Riker, Doganna Troi, Catmander Data, Catain Jean-Luc Picard, Geordi La Paw, or Lieutenant Woof? Why?
Sorry, I’m not a trekkie! I really enjoyed the new movies, and that’s as far as my knowledge goes. I’m a Star Wars girl <3
- What coffee best describes your personality?
Mocha, which happens to be my favourite as well – because I’m not just one thing, I’m a mixture and so you get both the sweet chocolate and the bitter coffee side of things with me.
- What would you do if you faced a giant fly right now?
I would scream my head off. One time when we were having wasp issues, I had the exact dream except with a giant wasp. I woke my ex up because I was screaming my head off 😀
- And if the giant fly was Jeff Goldblum?
I’m going to get some flack for this one, but sorry, I totally don’t get the Jeff Goldblum appeal!
- Cthulhu is in love with you. Would you reject his tentacles? (I know, this one is naughty)
That’s between me and Cthulhu 😉
It would probably be something geeky, like a new book in a series that has ended, something awesome in a video game or being able to star in a Star Wars film. Something that would get me excited and then break my heart when it wasn’t true.
- Do you like to read classic fiction (Dickens, Bronte sisters, etc.), and if so, what is the hidden gem that you would recommend to people?
- If you could create any video game, what would it be?
- Do you play mobile/facebook games? If so, which ones are you hooked on right now?
- What is the one thing about you that might surprise others?
- If you could study a class on anything (fictional or real topics), what would it be and why?
- What big fandom do you know nothing about or dislike, while others seem to love it?
- What’s your favourite TV show right now?
- What was your favourite TV show as a teenager?
- What song, book, show or movie inspires you more than anything?
- What artists (professional or fanart) do you love?
Well this was hard because so many people have already been nominated! Here are my nominations 🙂